Saturday, August 22, 2009

Goodbye hectic week!

This last week just about killed me! We are getting ready for the start of school and I am gearing up to forego the lazy summer days that I have been enjoying so. In addition to my Soap Biz, I work part time as a school bus driver...Yeah for me, ugh! I have never really felt animosity towards my job, but then I have never completely taken the summer off as I did this year :) At least it affords me a somewhat flexible schedule; I only work 2-3 hours in the morning and the same in the afternoon. That leaves me time for running around during the day and making the soaps and things that I dearly love.
Back to this week... Monday morning I woke up at 3:30 am with a terrible migraine and it did not abate until I was finally able to sleep at about 6pm Tuesday night. Those things are as bad as toothaches! Keep you up all night, nothing in the house to raid but Aleve, and no friends I was brave enough to call at 2 am for something stronger! Tuesday was my 8 hour training day too... gotta have in 8 hours a year in order to drive the bus and keep my CDL. Fun times.
Wednesday was eye appointments for both my girls and they both need glasses, one for distance and the other for reading... more fun times. The youngest had her 7th grade orientation that day too. Thursday I had to go and pick up the school bus, take the 15 year old to the cardiologist for a Stress Test and appointment to make sure that her seizures were not damaging her heart.. all went fine and he said for me not to bring her back :) That evening was her 10th grade orientation.
Yesterday I had to go get their friend for the night, buy school clothes and supplies and help the dear hubby change out the brakes on his truck because they went out carrying me to get the school bus Thursday.
Today... I am not doing a dang thing that I don't want to do LOL! I slept in till 7, and I am going to make some soaps that I have been severely neglecting... Rosemary Mint and Mango Papaya!
Here's hoping the next week will be better than the last! Maybe I will get up some pics of the soaps soon..... just maybe.
Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment