Saturday, August 29, 2009

I'm a Featured Artist!!!

Good Morning! I woke up today, as I so often do, before dawn. I drag myself out of the "meat locker" that I call a bedroom and stumble to the kitchen for that magic dark elixir that you might call COFFEE! This morning, I had my coffee on my front porch with my trusty bulldog Jughead (yes, that is his name! his head is HUGE!) and listened to the birds wake up and sing for me. Since my house can not be seen from the highway and I have no neighbors to see me either, I feel totally comfortable in my PJ's.
Morning is a wonderful time for reflection, planning and just general alone time. My kids and the hubby do not get up before 10am if they don't have to, and I can accomplish quite a lot in the hours before all the activity starts. I neglect a lot during the week, as far as computer time goes, due to my work driving the kids to and from school, and the other things that are bound to happen :)
I am not a very complicated person, as you might have guessed from my previous posts, and I would hardly call myself an "artist". I am just ME. BUT... Erica Pence at The Bonnie Bath Co. has chosen me to be her Featured Artist for her blog! I can not deny that I am extremely flattered by this! I do not normally get weepy and emotional but I DID when I read her blog this morning! She captured the true essence of me, and sometimes that is not the easiest thing to do.
There are so many others out there, countless others, that are far more talented and creative than I am. I love to learn about all things, and I frequently have less than half of the answers. It is a true honor for me to even be considered in this category! I am not a very creative person by nature, I tend to fall on the more logical and rational side of things. I heavily rely on family and friends for creative input. I prefer simplicity and know that I can always count on my teenage daughters for the more radical approach! (The Rosemary Mint soaps that I will be unveiling soon is the brainchild of my daughters, the scent choice is mine, but the colors are totally theirs!)
I can not thank Erica enough for what she has done for my spirits, and hopefully, my business! She even ordered herself a little something. ERICA: If you are reading this, look for a "lagniappe", a little something extra.
Be sure to check out the Bonnie Bath Co. Blog not only for my feature, but for all kinds of showcased artists, wonderful handmade products of all kinds and some really sound advice.
Now I am off to the soap pot to make more Lavender, send off mail, package orders, update Facebook, tweet, and just enjoy the beautiful day that we are presented with.
Humble Blessings to ALL!
Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment